Return to Smith's Main Index Nave's - Adaiah Previous topic (Adah )
Adaiah - (adorned by Jehovah).
- Maternal grandfather of King Josiah, and native of Boscath in the lowlands of Judah. (2 Kings 22:1) (B.C. 648.)
- A Levite of the Gershonite branch, and ancestor of Asaph. (1 Chronicles 6:41) In v. (1 Chronicles 6:21) Heb Isa called Iddo.
- A Benjamite, son of Shimhi, (1 Chronicles 8:21) who is apparently the same as Shema in v. (1 Chronicles 8:13)
- A priest, son of Jehoram. (1 Chronicles 9:12; Nehemiah 11:12)
- Ancestor of Maaseiah, one of the captains who supported Jehoiada. (2 Chronicles 23:1)
- One of the descendants of Bani, who had married a foreign wife after the return from Babylon. (Ezra 10:29) (B.C. 459).
- The descendant of another Bani, who had also taken a foreign wife. (Ezra 10:39)
- A man of Judah, of the line of Pharez. (Nehemiah 11:5) Next Topic (Adalia )
SpeakingBible Software © 2000-2007 by johnhurt.com